We are looking to work with an experienced and certified Yoga Instructor with knowledge of the history, philosophy, and ethics of yoga. The Yoga Instructor will be responsible for performing yoga poses in precise alignment, using the correct terminology and safely guide students through the flow of the practice.
As a Yoga Instructor, you should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to build relationships, as well as lead yoga sessions. Your passion for health and mental wellness, coupled with knowledge of the anatomy of the human body and physiology, will ensure success.
YOGA INSTRUCTOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct and lead yoga classes.
- Visually assess clients to determine their level of practice.
- Assist clients to achieve precise alignment.
- Demonstrate practice and techniques.
- Possess the ability to move energy through the body.
- Transform energy during the warm-up, build-up and cool-down stages.
- Motivate clients with words of encouragement.
- Connect with clients during the yoga classes through fun, intelligent sequencing
- Offer psychological therapy recommendations to improve mental wellness practice.
YOGA INSTRUCTOR REQUIREMENTS
- Yoga Certification with Yoga Alliance.
- Minimum of 200 hours of experience.
- CPR/First Aid certification.
- Education or experience in mental health and fitness (preferable).
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with your name and job title as the subject
Subject example: John Doe – YOGA INSTRUCTOR
Applications closing date:
30 Oct 2020